08 February, 2013

The Living Room

I've been wanting to type this up for awhile now...

Every Monday morning, here at YWAM Chico, we have a base meeting where we come together and have a time of worship and a message. It's a great time of "refocusing" and remembering who we live for and the reason why we're here. It's Jesus. Also, what better way to start your week, then by giving the start of it to him?

Usually, I'm doing "tech" (read: powerpoint for the worship lyric slides) or playing djembe (an African hand drum). On one such morning when I was signed up to do tech, I woke up 10 minutes before meeting was supposed to start.

Leaving the house, stressed, worried, and upset with myself for oversleeping, I ran into the hotel (our meeting place). Expecting to find people waiting for me and wondering why I was late (and trying to come up with what I was going to say), I instead walked into the lobby full of our staff members and volunteers, ready to worship- but in a different way this morning.

So, completely unplugged and family style, we sat or stood in the lobby and worshipped while one of our leaders played guitar, his youngest son sitting beside him.

Looking around me, I took a deep breath (more like a sigh of relief) and I was reminded of something that I so very much love about my home- we are family.

We are family, and this is what families do. We worship together, we eat together, we serve together.

And that morning, our hotel lobby was transformed into a giant living room in which we spent time together, drawing nearer to the One who had brought us here.

To be together.



1 comment: