16 January, 2016

2 Weeks in Brazil- God is Faithful

Just the other day marked two weeks since I've been back in Brazil. I wanted to share a little of what God has been doing, how I'm doing here, and what I've been seeing. 

Overall, I want to share with you just how faithful God is. From a stamp in my passport giving me permission to stay in the country until my visa expires (not a thing to be taken for granted) to a pile of new clothes that were simply given to me; from Jesus enabling me to speak a language not my own so that His name may be glorified, to Him speaking to my heart reminding me of my purpose and calling in life and here in Brazil as well as speaking new things, He is faithful. 

Speaking at a local church on God's heart for the nations. I was translated into Libras (the Brazilian Portuguese equivalent of Sign Language for the deaf and hard of hearing!) Such a neat opportunity... to meet another community- of people who sign- it's another language and I do have a desire to learn it! When I was a child and in high school I learned American Sign Language (ASL) and loved it, it was fun trying to communicate in Libras with the sign-language I remembered and be able to see the differences and learn new things! 
As a group and individuals, we prayed for God to speak to us a country He wanted us to sort of "adopt" in prayer. The response was beautiful.
A map full of post-it notes with names attached to them- names of Brazilian believers who are adopting the nations in prayer! 
On my way home one day I saw this and had to take a photo- a reminder that I'm in Brazil- hard to see, but the photo is of a group of men and boys playing soccer in the middle of the street in the rain. Love this.

I got to be a tourist in our big city and go to the art museum with a couple friends. It was so neat to see originals of Van Gogh, Monet, and Picasso, what a treat and so much fun! The artwork was beautiful and the friends amazing! 
Brazil, your food is simply amazing. Arroz e Feijão (Rice and Beans) you are my favorite. :) 
So thankful to be here. Thankful for the familiarity. God, you are good. 
I got to skype with my daddy on his birthday- he was showing me the letter and photo I sent him via Facebook (that my mom printed out). Love him. 
A dear neighbor and friend gave this book to me right before I left. I'm so thankful for the daily devotions, God has used them to speak to my heart and bring comfort and remind me to trust Him. Thank you, Pam! 
My Brazilian family and friends and I have been trying to run/walk when we can- I am being reminded of how much I love to run (even if it does take me awhile to get motivated.... ;) The company is pretty great too! This reminded me of when I would walk with my mom and our friends and their dogs on occasion, while back home- "little" things that are so huge and important and remind us of home. God, you're awesome. :)
The church I am attending while with my Brazilian family. 
Reminders that I live in a tropical country. This a fruit known as jaca or "jack fruit"
This is the part of the jack fruit that you eat... it has a rather interesting taste. I don't dislike it, but it's not something that I think I would find myself craving. It's pretty sweet and tasty, though the texture would probably throw some people off! 
New clothes that were given to me! I'm thankful for God's provision. :)
The prayer "Our Father" that Jesus taught the disciples to pray- I'm learning it in Portuguese- "Pai Nosso"
So beautiful... it can be found in Matthew 6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment