16 December, 2013

A Cloudy Night

The other night, here in Pitangui (a small town in the state of Minas Gerais), I went outside to journal.

The night sky was covered with clouds and all that could be seen was the moon.

Penning my emotions and the thoughts in my head and heart out on the pages before me, God spoke,

“Look up at the stars.” He said.

I knew, before I even looked up, that I wouldn't see any.

“How do you know they’re there?” He asked me.

“Cause I’ve seen them before and it’s a fact that the stars come out at night.” I replied.

“It’s the same with my plans for you.” God said. “You may not see them just yet, but they are there. Do you trust me?”

“Well then, God, could you remove the clouds so I can see?” I said.

“I want you to learn to trust me first.” Was his reply.

You would think I had learned how to trust by now with the various things and experiences I have gone through and the lessons he’s taught me and while I have, what he said next showed me that I still have more to learn in this huge area.

“I can’t do all that I want to do in your life if you don’t trust me wholly.”

God told me to look up at the stars again. Honestly, I was scared to.

Why?

I was scared I would be disappointed. I knew the sky was covered with clouds, would I see any stars this time I looked?

“Do you trust me?” God asked again.

I opened my eyes and tilted my head back.

I saw clouds.

“What do you see?” God asked me.

“I see clouds.” I replied.

“Keep looking. What do you see?”

I looked around at the night sky. I still saw only clouds.

But then, I saw a small light.

It was either a star or an airplane.

The clouds began to shift…

Looking around, I saw one, then two, then 3.

STARS.

They were there. Hidden behind the clouds, and while I couldn’t see them, they were still there.

Trusting God, especially concerning future plans, can be hard.

But just as I know the stars are there, I know that his plans are there as well. God’s got great things ahead for me!
 
I just need to keep trusting and holding onto what is true.

God’s plans for my life are beautiful, they are good, and they are best.

In the cloudy night I will still trust.

Brittaney

No comments:

Post a Comment